Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking Back...

... at 2013

On this last night of 2013, with 2.5 hours left, I thought I'd take a quick run through all that occurred this past year.

But then, as I began to list, I decided I didn't want to do that after all. I know, so indecisive! :)


I've had some weird health issues the last couple years & I have learned more about nutrition, special diets & "crunchiness" than I ever wanted to. I tried so hard to make myself better. When one is told "this is as good as it gets" and "you need to be your own doctor", it can be overwhelming to say the least. I tried repeatedly to take matters into my own hands in my quest for healing. Of course, I prayed. But it honestly felt like He wasn't listening or didn't care. How wrong I was! How could I have forgotten that nothing is ever impossible for our God? He is HUGE & mighty & ALL POWERFUL!

In all the roads I had taken, searching for that missing piece that would finally make everything clear, I had only found a way (albeit a crappy one) to manage it. Then one day my mom calls with "I think fibromyalgia could be causing all your issues. I have it, it's genetic & I'm seeing a doctor that can reverse it". I didn't want to go. I had gotten my hopes up so. many. times. and I just didn't want to travel down that road again. Less than a month later I was in his office, fighting back hot tears of pure joy and relief as I was finally given a diagnosis. Every weird thing that had plagued me for so long was a symptom of this one disease. I would no longer have to search for answers. Here I am, less than 1 month since my 1st appointment, and I am already so much better I can hardly believe it. I feel like my life is no longer on pause & I am truly alive once more! This is a miracle. This is only by God's hand. That 2 years of frantic, in-depth searching would reveal nothing, but once I stopped trying so hard & let God take over, answers came bam! bam! bam! one right after the other.

Thank you Lord for always, always, always hearing & answering our cries!!

I look forward to experiencing all He has in store for my family in the next year!

2 comments:

  1. Such a blessing that you found some answers and were able to get relief. May the new year be a time of better health and better relationships as the result of finally feeling better. Thanks for saying hi on my blog. Blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete